Sooooo…what’s wrong with this picture?? Look closely at this ticket stub. Still not sure? Well, it’s intact. The right half hasn’t been torn off. Do you know what that means? Yup…Ding Ding Ding…that I didn’t go to this show. WHAT??!!! Yup. I didn’t go to this show. I bought my ticket on my own with the expectation that my friend and her boyfriend would also buy tickets and we’d all go together. Since it was a general admission show we didn’t have to worry about sitting together. What went wrong is that they never bought their tickets because they were broke. And at this time, I had never been to a show by myself, nor did I intend to go by myself. I thought about it, but at the end of the day I chose not to go. Am I an idiot or what?? I guess I thought I had more time. I guess I had no idea that in just over five months Kurt Cobain would shoot himself and I would NEVER have the opportunity to see them again. This is definitely one of my biggest regrets. And I kept the ticket stub to remind me to never let any opportunity slip by me. Life is short and you never know what might happen in the future. I try to take advantage of every opportunity as it presents itself to me so I don’t look back with regret. The ironic thing about missing this show is that supposedly it sucked. Here’s a brief summary that someone posted online about the show…
- “Smells Like Teen Spirit” was not played.
- While there are no other known performances of “Love Buzz” on this tour, multiple attendees distinctly remember it being played here.
- Many people in attendance have said the show was horrible. The band was reportedly booed by the audience.
- Kurt snapped at the audience for throwing wet T-shirts on stage, shorting out the effects pedals.
- After the show was over and the house lights came on, Kurt ran back onstage, dove into the audience, crowd surfed for a bit, made his way back to the stage, then exited into the stage right curtains, according to attendees.
I found out after the show that another friend of mine was there and he also told me it sucked. It almost made me feel better until Kurt was dead…and gone. Then it didn’t even matter. Here’s the set list for the night. I really wish I could have been there to enjoy it or even to not have enjoyed it myself. Even without “Smells Like Teen Spirit” it still looks pretty great. I still love Nirvana to this day!
- Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
- Drain You
- Serve the Servants
- Heart-Shaped Box
- In Bloom
- Come as You Are
- Pennyroyal Tea
- Rape Me
- Territorial Pissings
- Jesus Doesn’t Want Me for a Sunbeam (The Vaselines cover)
- Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Lead Belly cover)
- On a Plain
- Endless, Nameless
Note: Incomplete set list